There are many ways to get involved in the animal community! Here are just a few:
- Become an advocate for animals in your community. There are many animal related laws that need to be updated and the animal community is always looking for help to spread the word and look for support. Here is one choice: http://www.henryslaw.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13&Itemid=2
- Donate/Volunteer/Foster for your local shelter. They are always in need of a helping hand! Our local shelter: http://www.animalservices.slco.org/html/volunteers/volunteers.html
- Get involved with Best Friends Animal Society. They are doing good work for the animals every day. Start here:
- Become a donating member of the ASPCA or the Humane Society of the United States. Both are working for animals all over the country. Their websites are here:
- Don’t be silent about cruelty. Speak up. Speak out. Be a voice for those who cannot speak for themselves! This is a good place to start:
Together, we can all make a difference in animals lives. One day at a time, one animal at a time, one moment at time.